FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United to partner with Virgin Australia -- UA elite benefits starting 23 May 2022
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:57 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eng3
I already made the purchase on UA and have upgrades attached so that's not an option.

I guess I'll try the 1K desk, probably in for a very long phone call as usual. Maybe twitter this time.
If you're saying that you've already booked with JQ, then I'd suggest that long phone call is worth it. JQ are OK if everything goes smoothly, and horrible if not.

Originally Posted by eng3
Well, I'm going at the end of the month. If I end up flying with them, I'll report back if there any benefits with UA status.
VA have announced that their Delta partnership ends June 13. I can't see anything starting with United before then, but I could be wrong. When I was there a few weeks ago I asked multiple Virgin agents about it, and their responses ranged from no idea to what I was talking about, to a knowledge that something was coming but no idea when.