FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:09 am
bizum

Originally Posted by bizum
Bidu hope you had a great trip!
We're planning a getaway for march with our toddler - I'm trying to decide between booking a comparable bfast rate as Titanium vs FHR rate. FHR has the additional $250 resort credit (in addition to the usual FHR benefits, $200 benefit, etc), wondering what kind of upgrades are possible with FHR (doesn't seem like Elites get anything, plus I don't care much for the latest bonvoy promo).
I took the chance with the FHR rate - fd said there were no available suites at checkin (I didn't see any available on the app as well). FHR included $100 dining plus $250 resort credit, you could just use the whole amount towards dining. Bfast buffet was covered by FHR (did not ask if we could use it for a la carte), total was $80 for two. Hotel was at 60% according to staff that I talked to and felt about that - though it might be hard to find two adjacent pool chairs after 12pm (pic was taken around 10am). Not sure if this is typical for March but it was windy every single day, so it didn't feel that warm since temp was under 80F on most days. Beach was ok, when tide was low the sargassum was quite prevalent (can't see it in the pic since it was high tide) and they had workers raking the beach - a bit distracting since they had one worker running a mini tractor up and down the shore. Some vendors milling around but never a bother. Water was very choppy with the wind factor, the RC lifeguards were quite vigilant and would whistle at guests that were venturing into rougher areas. Didn't try Fontina or Club Grill, sushi at D Lounge was decent. Pool fare was good and reasonably priced. Several other toddlers and younger kids especially around the elevated areas of the pools. Theres a sprawling outdoor mall (La Isla) thats a 5 min taxi ride away if you need to shop for anything. Several other restaurants on the main road that were 10-20 min walking distance. Taxi to La Isla was about 170p (you could pay ~200p for the return). In terms of service/food, RC Cancun blows W Punta Mita out of the water - W did have the nicer beach and suite availability at lower prices.
Let me know if you have questions!

PS heard some construction on upper levels during the day but noise was minor

Last edited by bizum; Apr 3, 2022 at 4:52 pm