FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Assigned Middle Seat in Club Europe
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:36 am
LCY8737

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by KARFA
well it is certainly a loss of one element of the CE service, but it is not a downgrade to Y considering that all the other elements which remain unaffected.

fwiw, i have made my view known on this last time it happened and said BA should be pro-actively giving some compensation to those who booked CE and no longer have a unsold middle seat - maybe a £50 evoucher for most 1-2 hr flights, perhaps more for a ATH etc.
My legal experience is somewhat more limited than yours (grand total of one court appearance). In that experience the judge gave me an introduction to what the civil procedure rules actually mean, then told Swiss that when you cancel flights you have to refund people, irrespective of a non-lawyer not understanding the details of the civil procedure rules. I did not get everything I asked for, but I did get my refund.

It may be that I was exceedingly lucky with the judge in my case, but I found the "lets focus on the big picture" approach very positive and I would hope that most judges are like that. And by big picture - in business class I mean space.