FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:11 am
Love2travel73

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Has that always been the case prior to this week? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that this hotel was one of the best places to use Ambassador status as you would most likely go Club Room>Junior with Opera View.

I understand they implemented new categories/changes this week but I feel being told the Old Club rate was a basic room so I am only entitled to a Classic with Balcony isn't really an upgrade or what was being implemented when I booked.

Maybe I am wrong..
We have booked a club-room for 3 people as our son originally planned to join us. (Which would be a superior room with club access)
with the new room categories it will be difficult to decipher if we will receive the upgrade we are entitled to, or they will use the fact that only two people shows up to avoid an real upgrade.

Last month we were at Intercontinental Marseille, and actually got a significant downgrade. Damn I got mad. They actually tried to tell me that their 5 star hotel rooms did not include any chairs or coffetables and that their own pictures were misleading. They found a solution, but could not give us the excecutive room we had booked originally as that would have made their lies very obvious. Imagine being told you get an upgrade and then clearly receiving the sucker-room, that looked and was equipped as a 2 star room.

as Easter is just as busy as Valentine, I believe upgrades will be difficult to obtain, but we will see.