FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceled KLM positioning flight on Delta itinerary
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:29 am
Goodoldflyer

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Ask re. vouchers on every occasion before you need the hotel: e.g., upon check-in and at the AMS transfer desk. You may not be successful, but at least you tried.... If it did not work, then you can always send in the hotel bill to Delta (assuming you have a 006 ticket) after the fact, with an explanation, and they may throw some miles or a Delta credit at you.
I disagree. They don't owe him here. He's choosing to go a day early. That's fine, and they're accommodating that request, but I'm not surprised they're not offering a hotel to go along with that. You're recommending that he go with the "bug them until they bribe you to go away" strategy. It wastes everyone's time (including your own), and creates a lot of stress over some minor amount of compensation.

I say look at the big picture and enjoy your time in Italy and Amsterdam with your companions, instead of wasting even more hours and stress trying to score $130 of credits. At some point you have to weigh the value of the compensation against your time and aggravation during your time in Europe.