FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:57 am
mcgella

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
A bit off topic but I recently flew YYZ-OGG and OGG-YYZ. It was also "Signature Light" which I found annoying for a 10+ hour flight. I specifically checked with Air Canada about this.

The following were intended to be below "Signature" level service:
- total meal options on the menu were 2 meat + 1 veggie (rather than 4 which would have been the par for Signature);
- no amenity kit offered;
- wines were the cheaper "domestic" variety (cheap Bogota sparkling)

Bringing this on topic, the above is what I would expect for service on the FLL-YYZ widebody.

There was an additional 'downgrade' in service on my flight with there only actually being 1 meat option available and none of the 'special meals' loaded . . . they also forgot to load the crew's meals which caused a delay.

A pillow, mattress, and duvet were intended to be included (and were for 66% of passengers in J with the other third missing the seat cover).

It was also "economy minus" for a 10 hour flight. On departure Air Canada announced to Y passengers there was no complimentary food provided for the 10 hour flight. On the return, Air Canada neglected to re-load the buy-on-board meal options.
The way down, we didn't have the amenity kit, but had full meal and wine menu, and pillow and blanket (not duvet) However it was a short flight during the early evening hours so I don't think there was much sleeping going on. The way back we had no amenity kit, full meal menu with cheaper wine options, but then full bedding. So it seems somewhat unreliable?

Yikes on the economy minus. This reminds why when we always flew Y we would bring snacks on board!