FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:48 am
Delectatio

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
I stayed here pre-covid and remember my stay being pretty barebones as a Diamond. Front desk was very hard on any complimentary suite/better view upgrades, and always pushed to upsell when the suite was clearly available in the app. They would even argue with me whenever I brought up the Hilton Diamond terms conditions regarding upgrades.. Service around the resort was non-existent unless at breakfast which was huge. Only good takeaways about this property was the breakfast and the views. Navigating around this resort was like a maze - even with a map you would still end up in the wrong building. Always had to keep the windows/doors closed to prevent any monkeys from coming in. Saw several guests getting their dry clothes and phones stolen by monkeys - walk of shame back to their rooms.

Staff here need to get off their pedestals. It leaves a really bad taste in the mouths of the guests: poor personalities and poor hospitality.
Thanks for the review.
I thought the same after we stayed pre-covid,
We found the breakfast also excellent (actually better than the Conrad).
We found the hotel restaurants completely overpriced (and you have basically no choice then to eat in the hotel as it is so remotely located).
When we were there the hotel was only 20% full and we only received a ocean view room upgrade.
Was the executive lounge open again (we liked the private pool there and the self service drinks were ok, canapés were pathetic though when we were there...)? Did they offer you anything instead...?
We would return if the price was right though and the executive lounge would be open again...