FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:26 pm
CanadianConnection33

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by justinyvr
Signature service is also running YVR-HNL/OGG right now.
A bit off topic but I recently flew YYZ-OGG and OGG-YYZ. It was also "Signature Light" which I found annoying for a 10+ hour flight. I specifically checked with Air Canada about this.

The following were intended to be below "Signature" level service:
- total meal options on the menu were 2 meat + 1 veggie (rather than 4 which would have been the par for Signature);
- no amenity kit offered;
- wines were the cheaper "domestic" variety (cheap Bogota sparkling)

Bringing this on topic, the above is what I would expect for service on the FLL-YYZ widebody.

There was an additional 'downgrade' in service on my flight with there only actually being 1 meat option available and none of the 'special meals' loaded . . . they also forgot to load the crew's meals which caused a delay.

A pillow, mattress, and duvet were intended to be included (and were for 66% of passengers in J with the other third missing the seat cover).

It was also "economy minus" for a 10 hour flight. On departure Air Canada announced to Y passengers there was no complimentary food provided for the 10 hour flight. On the return, Air Canada neglected to re-load the buy-on-board meal options.