FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you swap cars once your rental has begun?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:51 pm
jbschwartz

Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm late to the party with this post, but after reviewing this thread and attempting to swap a problem Hertz car at EWR...what a .[mess]

I drove up midway through a week long rental, wanting to exchange my mid size SUV with one that didn't shake or smell. Upon reaching the counter, I described the problem (described the shaking only) and I was asked for a case number. A what? I was told that need to call the number listed on the jacket that was listed for "Emergency Roadside Service" and fill in a three part Vehicle Incident Report. The form was designed for reporting an accident, complete with a section for police report and a request to describe the the incident. I went back to the counter and suggested that they misunderstood my request. They said no...they needed a case number to proceed. So under protest, I called the number and pretended that I was stranded on the road with a disabled vehicle in order to talk with someone that could take a report and offer an incident number. What a .... show. Took over an hour to get it done. All the while, the agent "helping" was griping to someone else on staff that she would be able to "offer an obituary for proof". Nice.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 3, 2022 at 5:10 am Reason: profanity removed