FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 miles short of 2k EXP qualification challenge in 2021 - any hope?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:16 pm
js1993

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by cova
I traveled to Europe in Jan 2020 and Australia in Feb 2020. I travel International a lot. But haven't since March 2020.
All travel since March 2020 has been domestic - lots of transcons. And some on paid F. Only way to meet the spend. Flew 67 segments. I attend lots of social events.

This is FT - some of us a few years back did 2 day trips to Hong Kong when fares were cheap and used SWUs. Even 3x in one year, almost enough to get the HKG speedy entry.

Have travel to Australia 35 times, Europe - 80, Asia - 20, South America - 10. All travel is personal - no business travel.
My numbers may be low.
Your position is more puzzling with each new post.

You acknowledge the massive drop-off in, or impossibility of, international travel, and yet you still believe AA was "overly generous" with its status extensions, which were the least generous among major U.S. airlines?

How were foreign-based AA elites supposed to re-qualify? Were U.S. elites whose travel was mostly international supposed to fly 10 or 20 unneeded transcons instead, in order to "meet the spend"?