FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Arts Barcelona - A Ritz Property [Master Thread]
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:01 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Without wanting to cause a massive debate, it’s worthwhile noticing that ordering delivery food to high end hotels is a relatively new concept in much of Europe and socially isn’t entirely acceptable as yet. It’s very different from the US where a combination of greater use of technology, crappy/ limited room service and a greater focus on individualism has meant it’s a lot more common. I wouldn’t be surprised at all that I had to come down to get food.

It seems there’s a bit of an undercurrent of poor communication in the review (despite the OP presumptively speaking Spanish). It would be a shame if the hotel has let go of their veteran staff who were very good. Curious to see what others have to say.
I've never asked a luxury hotel to bring up outside food. I have, however, asked the Concierge to source local delicacies or well known local food outlets which most will happily oblige. In that case it's delivered effortlessly to the room. I would not expect the hotel to deliver Uber Eats orders.

I also agree that rather than pay for overpriced bottles of alcohol from the hotel to source them yourself and request an ice bucket.