FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:09 am
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
thanks for reconfirming what I remember about both of those

our only trip to Death Valley was a drive-through experiment in camping (Easter weekend of 1987), and it’s definitely on our list of places to revisit

my last WN flights were SEA-OAK-LAX in 2017 … I’ve looked at them a few times since, and have often seen less-than-direct routes like your VPS-BWI-LAS that remind me of stuff Inused to find on DL (DCA-BOS-SLC-LGB is the one I remember most clearly)
Reasonably priced airfares getting out of the FL panhandle during spring break season are unicorns, and since I’ve already got a lot of travel budget blocked out for trips to New Mexico, Colorado, and some sort of loop out of Munich over the summer months, I figured it was worth the extra time and weird routing in order to be able to squeeze something in here.

But yeah, it’s going to take even more of a screaming deal to pry me away from Delta (and the odd United award flight out of Pensacola) for the near to medium future.

On the up side, WN manages a full drink and snack service on the 55 minute wheels up to down hop from Nashville to VPS.