FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help navigating AF EU261 claim
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:36 pm
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by LikeaGVI
Just as I asked of irishguy28 I would ask the same of you. If you're already acknowledging irishguy28 has explained what the carrier is responsible for, and again restate lost prepaid accommodations, excursions, etc are not covered when I've already acknowledged that is wasting everyone's time. Why do you need to come behind and explain something that you've already acknowledged has been explained? That isn't helpful to anyone. Are you just trying to get your number of posts up?
Your post #9 doesn't explicitly mention unused accommodation in the list of things that you understand won't be covered, so it's not unreasonable that people may believe you consider that this should be covered and so they go on to explain that it's not. Combined with your statement "is also responsible for accommodations and food," makes it even more sound like you're expecting to get some sort of accommodation costs covered, so this previous assumption is strengthened.

I fully agree the situation you ended up in was far from ideal, but getting annoyed with people simply providing correct information (that you may feel is pointless) isn't good.