FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:21 pm
sky_flyer

Hi All -

BA have finally came back with an update regarding our flight from MLE - LHR - They are saying the following:

I'm sorry your flight from Male was delayed and we don't underestimate how much this must have disrupted your travel plans. I’ve checked the details of your flight and can confirm your flight, BA0060, at on 20 February was delayed for 146 minutes. I’ve included the details below for your reference.

Flight BA0060 from Male to London Heathrow.
Scheduled departure date and time: 20 February 2022 06:45 GMT
Actual departure date and time: 20 February 2022 08:48 GMT
Scheduled arrival date and time: 20 February 2022 18:10 GMT
Actual arrival date and time: 20 February 2022 20:36 GMT
Total delay: 146 minutes

Since your flight wasn’t delayed in arriving by three hours or more, your claim for compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004 has been refused.
I've gone back to them asking if they could confirm that it is their final position and issue me with a deadlock letter so I can take the claim to CEDR. Interestingly they've added some more minutes from their first response. I also advised that their response is not factual and frankly insulting.

I just don't understand why they're dragging their heels so much, it's pretty obvious that the plane doors were not opened at the time they're stating. My Wife has a photo of us still on the plane at 21:18.

When I do the CEDR claim - would the compensation that we're entitled to be the full rate or reduced rate?

Thanks in advanced for any help!