FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:06 am
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
RE: Middle Name. Your Proof of Vaccination ; Names have to match the names on your passport. Member of my family is dual citizen & lives in Australia. Both his Australian & Canadian passport have middle name. His Australian health card did not have middle name thus the name on his International Vac certificate did not match his 2 passports. He checked Australian Government site before his overseas trip in DEC. The website noted the Names on Vac certificate have to match names on the passport. He contacted Service Australia & had his Health card & his Vac cert modified to match his Canadian & Australian passport
https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au...?context=60091
" 4. Follow the steps to verify your vaccinations and passport details. You may need to update your middle name in the passport details screen to match what is on your passport."

If Australian Vac cert has to match the names on the passport I would assume same is required of International travelers.
I had a similar issue in that I have a double barrel surname but the second surname was only added when I was about 4 months old by which time I had already been registered with Medicare. As I've never needed to change it my Medicare name had always just been as it was the day I was born. The Services Australia people actually changed it over the phone and rang the passport office while I waited to confirm the correct details. It actually was pretty quick; I had been expecting it to take weeks.