FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:24 pm
njvandy

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Rolling 12 month LP count? Or YTD?

I have a theory that AA is assessing upgrade priority based on LPs earned since January 1st rather than a rolling 12 month window as they claim.

I am (LT) Gold and rarely get upgrades. I didn't do much flying last year and my EQD total was very, very low. I have, however, been racking up a decent amount of LPs on the shopping portal this month and just crossed 30k so far in 2022.

I flew DCA-BOS and then BOS-DCA in the past week. To my astonishment, my upgrade on the outbound cleared at the 24 hour mark. Ok, I'm thinking, probably just got lucky.

On the return, I arrive at the airport and open the app to see I was #1 on the upgrade list out of 9 people. There is simply no way my spend over the past 12 months is higher than 8 other Golds or non-elites on full fare (if that's still a thing).

I'm guessing AA never bothered to merge 2021 EQD activity with LPs earned so far in 2022 so they are just basically upgrade priority on 1) status 2) LPs in 2022 YTD.

​​​​​​​