FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help navigating AF EU261 claim
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:59 am
LikeaGVI
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Air France will not compensate you for unused tours, accommodations, car rentals or any other out of pocket expenses or incurred losses. Their liability to you is solely for the cancellation, and is capped at a maximum of €600 per person.

If your actual losses are insured, then you would be well advised to immediately claim for them on your travel insurance. EC261/2004 is not a form of travel insurance, and you should definitely now fall back on your travel insurance to make good whatever losses you can. This is an issue that is separate from the €600 that you may or may not be able to extract from Air France.
Perhaps I've misunderstood, but my understanding of EC261 is that in addition to the €600 compensation for delays to your final destination of more than 4-hours an EU carrier (in this case AF) is also responsible for accommodations and food, so well beyond just the €600. Now I fully am aware of the nuance of my case and I would agree that for car rentals, unused tours, etc won't be covered and your advice to take that up with travel insurance is appreciated.