FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering | Club World
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:47 pm
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Yes you are spot on there regarding the breed of pig - but I was thinking of the (possibly) relatively high incidence of passengers of the Jewish faith on that route, so pork would be an odd choice especially if you are limiting the choice to 3 things. I've flown the route for years and years and I don't think I've ever seen pork as a main choice. In fact, it's not often seen as it's either quite fatty or goes dry and chewy very quickly. But I suppose of the main meat groups - Beef, Lamb, Chicken and Pork I would think that pork is generally the most 'cost effective'. For the record I do like pork done properly - slow roast with crispy crackling with all the trimmings. I think it works OK on the Asian airlines too.
I see! Surely Kosher special meals are available for this purpose? I love pork too and wish it was served more on board after breakfast. I did have pork on BA ex-BOM which I found slightly odd as I didn't see it much in India otherwise.