FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help navigating AF EU261 claim
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:47 am
LikeaGVI
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Help navigating AF EU261 claim

Apologies if there's a thread this should be merged with (mods please feel free to do so if I've overlooked it). I would sincerely appreciate any and all help with the following issue I experienced with AF.

Early Dec 2021 (3.5 months ago) I was to fly XXX-CDG-CPT. Approximately 24-hours before departure I received notification that my AF CDG-CPT flight was cancelled and I was re-booked onto KL XXX-AMS-CPT. Not a big deal since both flights arrived within roughly 1-hour of each other.

The return was a mess. I was only in CPT for 4-days total and approximately 24-hours after arriving into CPT I received an email from AF stating that my upcoming return CPT-CDG flight, which was scheduled to depart at 12:20am was delayed until 10:20pm that evening (22-hours later) and instead of flying CPT-CDG-XXX and arriving on the same day, I would now arrive at XXX the following day which wasn't an option. I spent several hours of playing HUACA with multiple agents who basically didn't want to help and said I was stuck. Finally, I got through on my 4th attempt to a competent agent who basically said "The only option I have is you packing your bags right now, getting to CPT airport ASAP and I can book you on UA's CPT-EWR-XXX flight." So I had to cut my trip short 2 days to fly home.

I filed a claim immediately upon arriving back in the US and it's now been over 3.5 months and I've received no update on my claim. It just lists it as "still in process." Given I'm SkyTeam Elite and was flying Business class I would have thought it would have helped expedite things. But that's not the case.

Any help on how to escalate or get this reviewed would be appreciated. I'm working under the assumption I indeed qualify for EU261 compensation since the delay was only indicated with 48-hours notice *and* I had to cut my vacation short 2-days to get home in a timely manner. If I'm mistaken and not eligible it would be helpful to know that as well so I stop chasing this. Thanks in advance for any and all help!