FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to underseat luggage space?
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:52 am
bethyy

Programs: American airlines
Guide to underseat luggage space?

I’ve been searching everywhere but is there any guide to the space or size of bags that can fit under seats in different aircraft?

I have short legs and use my bag under the seat in front of me as my footrest basically. I can’t really get comfortable otherwise without putting my feet up on the seat or partition in front (I wouldn’t!).

I don’t really care where I sit and get upgraded 50/50 maybe? But if I want to sleep and my upgrade is for an aisle seat then I try to find someone to give it to instead so I can snuggle against the window with my feet up on my bag.

BUT now I keep running into issues where the GAs want to check my bags because it’s a full flight (“no no I really want to have my bag with me and won’t take up any extra space!”) or it’s an older plane that my go-to carryon wouldn’t work for but I could’ve brought my back-up foot rest bag instead if I had known!

sorry if this sounds crazy, but I swear I used to always be able to put a much larger carry-on under the seat. I don’t need anything in the bag during the flight. I just really like having the footrest.

any ideas on how to figure out window seat under-seat storage space??