FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Lumo in da house!
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:14 am
zxcv1

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
I'll chime in a bit regarding my thoughts. I also decided to go for Lumo at the X2 JAN22 campaign because I'm missing just 150k Finnair-metal TP, and made three long-haul bookings in economy flex that would have given around 175k Finnair-metal TP. However, I am now having to cancel two of my planned long-haul returns and so it looks too expensive without the X2 promo. Add to that the devaluations and it just doesn't make sense for me without another X2 promo. If AY hadn't enhanced everything I might still go for it, but it's a no-brainer now to keep the cash in the present levels of service. The only actual benefit is the +12 months of Plat/OWE as a soft landing, but is that even guaranteed and will they just enhance it away? But unless something changes or a client would pay for such flights, which I doubt, I'll just end up c. 100k AY TP short of Lumo with c. 100 segments. 100k AY TP would be four long-haul returns in economy or perhaps three in business... so around 4000 eur without promos. Too much given the enhanced non-service.