FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton properties joining / leaving the Hilton chain
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:16 pm
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Here's a small list of noteworthy hotels that opened recently

Mar 01: Mexico - Hilton Garden Inn Cancun Airport

This hotel is located on the airport grounds. What's noteworthy is that it has a circular pool that from the pics looks to go all the way around. Call it an infinity pool, but in a different way. Convenient location? For comparison, the Hilton All-Inclusive Resort and the Waldorf (which will open in a few months) are also relatively close to the airport, but at a twenty-minute drive away.

I was looking at this hotel for an upcoming stay. The website says there is no airport shuttle and no parking. The lack of a shuttle seems odd as I guess it leaves it up to you to negotiate with the taxi squad or the overpriced transportation services

I played around with a quote on a transportation service and it was still quoting around $60 round trip. I suppose you can walk from the terminals if there are sidewalks....

I guess if there is no transportation, I am struggling to see what the advantage is of having this hotel at the airport.

EDIT: In reading the Google reviews, most people appear to just walk to the hotel from the terminal.