FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:01 pm
BHammy

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Notes on my recent experience of one of my waitlisted GUC trips:

Tix to EDI purchased back in Jan....looks like GUCs went thru as I have duplicate return itineraries, they say Delta One and FC for legs, but cannot select seats, top of legs say "Upgrade Contact Delta"

Tried the text method because I had time and in noisy environment so phone was out. 80 minute est, ended up being 90 mins to 'talk' to agent. 50 minutes later, realizing the agent could not multitask on several 'calls', had no attention to detail that I gave her, and certainly didn't know how to handle GUCs - finally relegated me to an international agent.
New agent looks it over, says they have cleared....what seats do I want. I say I'll pick those later when I can look at them online...thank you...end of text barrage.
Only to find out the next day that I am show NO upgrade on the return legs, but the long haul outbound shows cleared (same indicators)

Called. After getting agent, put on several lengthy holds when she finally comes back and says that I have to have purchased PE to use the GUC for Delta One.
I politely remind her that those rules only were effective AFTER Jan 31, 2022 purchases, and by the way, the JFK-EDI 767-300 has NO PE!
On hold again, to return with payment options for the UK luxury tax of the upgrade (tix re-issued into D1....any way around this?)