FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "This gate doesn't accept flights from Ireland" - What happened?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:22 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Yes bizarre and all as it is this is the situation I believe ... the theory of the Common Travel Area (CTA) is that it only applies to UK & Irish citizens and the easiest way to prove you're a UK/Irish citizen is by showing your passport ! .. On arrival at most ( all? ) UK Airports though there are no checks for anyone .. arrivals are subject to Customs, but not immigration ( same as Channel Islands arrivals ) .. but on arrival at DUB and other Irish airports there's no segregation so you pass immigration control .. but you can just use your driver's licence or similar to pass as long as the immigration staff think you're a UK/Irish citizen

To the original question .. there's only two gates at T5A that bypass immigration, but still use the International Baggage reclaim .. A22&23 I think ( the last two on the South side of the building ) .. All Dublin ( and Jersey I guess too ) arrivals need to use these gates .. if they don't they have to get bussed to the base of the airbridge on one of those gates
the only thing I have to add to this is that yes JER arrivals definitely use the same DUB arrival corridor, and that I think (?) A22 is no longer used anymore - previously A22 could be swapped between a DUB arrival or international arrival gate.