FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:33 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by dave456
I arrived on a regional jet flight today. The arrival gate showed as gate 89 which was somewhat confusing. Upon arrival I found this to be the regional hardstand gate at Terminal D (no bus but must use stairs plus a short walk). When I entered the terminal, all gates had been renumbered in the 8x range with obvious stickers over signs. I guess this is another step in preparation for the new headhouse and to avoid confusion? No real issue but online maps and the Delta app do not seem to be updated yet.

Second surprise was the walk to Terminal C for public transportation (i.e. MTA Q70 and M60 bus). The walk has been somewhat annoying since they removed the Terminal D stop. But now they have rerouted the walkway to go through the entire Terminal C rideshare and pickup area to the far west side of Terminal C (near the end of the building). There you have to cross at a stoplight and walk back to the MTA stop. One of the LGA employees said this just started today and agreed it's completely annoying.

Dave
This makes me glad that I made the decision to abandon LGA and use JFK until LGA is complete. I still have 1 flight booked to LGA and I intend to use a co-terminal switch to JFK to avoid this mess.