FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:34 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by henry999
Not sure what's wrong; would appreciate any informed comment.

If I search one-way JFK-HKG, f bc=d, on 17 July I get several CX flights. If I search HKG-SYD, again in 'D', on 18 July, it gives me one QF flight and two on CX. But if I search JFK-SYD with HKG routing, it only shows the CX connections. And if I try CX QF routing, it says 'no flights found'. Also, if I try multicity JFK-HKG with CX routing and HKG-SYD also with CX routing, then it's fine. But I specify QF routing for the second one, it's 'no flights found'.

There's not a lot of 'D' availability on QF. I'm researching this as part of an RTW and I'd like to have all my ducks in a row before I ring up to make the booking. The CX flight from JFK arrives at 1400 and the QF flight to SYD leaves at 1930 so it shouldn't be too short a connection?
Note that ITA Matrix finds flights and fares. It could be that there aren't any fares that are valid for JFk-SYD connecting in HKG and using QF flights. If you're researching an RTW booking, that is, an xONEx or xGLOBxx fare, ITA Matrix probably isn't the best tool. I use Expert Flyer for that, since what you want to know are flights and invetory availability, regardless of applicable one-way or round-trip fares; the RTW fares are their own categories.