FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Launches First-Ever Flight Subscription Service (Flight Pass) in CA, AZ, NV and UT
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:03 pm
samosa

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
To get cheap SFO-SNA flights, you can book cheap SFO-LAX flights and then SDC to SFO-SNA. One could consider this an abuse of the generous co-terminal policy in the SDC rules, but if you are ok with that, the savings can be significant. Once in a while you might be unable to SDC and be stuck with a long and expensive uber ride. The expense is a wash (it's still cheaper than the fare difference between the two routes, or at least, it used to be) but of course it's a waste of your valuable time. Then again, that's always a risk while flying anywhere... hour-plus delays are not that uncommon.

I'm not sure what the current state of affairs is, but back when I used to fly this route, SFO-LAX could be had for $50 each way (probably even less on less desirable days) and SFO-SNA was generally in the $150 range.
I was able to get a same day turn on a Wednesday this month without a premium from sna to sfo.