FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:13 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by TWA884
It is quite clear and not open for interpretation. If you have a paid or mileage award ticket for a flight, you are prohibited from listing as a non-rev passenger any flight with the same origin and destination which departs within 24 hours before or after the scheduled departure time of the flight for which you paid or redeemed miles to get a ticket.
As I explained above, I come into this picture from the award side. I offered to book an award ticket if necessary. I do not know the nonrev part. Someone else (who is not at FT) has offered to arrange nonrev if E inventory became available.

There is disagreement in this thread whether, in such a case, I could cancel the award, and the pax could fly nonrev. One take has been that the award must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the nonrev flight. The other is yours, that the nonrev flight shoukd be outside the +- 24 hours windw of the cancelled award flight. As you have quoted from AA's employee handbook, I will go with it and inform everyone how we should proceed.