FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:39 pm
JRV62

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
If staffing cuts were made over the past two years, it is possible that both are true -- not because there isn't space available for all guests but because there aren't enough cooks and waiters to serve all guests...

Some of the major venues that used to be open 7 days a week are now open only a few nights. People who travel right now will experience the effects of the slow rebound: Bookings may be back to normal, but staffing isn't.
We spoke w/ our host when we left last week, it is definitely a staffing issue, they got overwhelmed when they fully opened the small island back up. Like I said before the restaurants were not full at any of the venues we ate and you could see training going on. Our host confirmed that it is staffing and said it should be better by next year, I'm not sure if she thought it would take that long or if she was trying to convince us it would be better by our next visit.

We were able to get in all the restaurants we wanted except for Sunset Grill, I had also requested a tour of Muraka which she provided and was truly amazing, and also a tour of the staff island which she could not provide due to covid precautions.