FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:25 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
corporate-wage-slave So I downloaded the Covid-Warn app and loaded my Swiss EUDCC. That worked and the app says my certificate is valid in Germany. Then there is a section in the Covid-Warn app where you can choose a country to see if what you just uploaded to the Covid-Warn app is valid in that country. So I chose Portugal and I got "Certificate cannot be validated" Please check at reopen.europa.eu whether the certificate is valide for entry into the selected country".

So I still do not have definitive proof that my EUDCC works in Portugal.
It does, it is an EU wide system now, plus other aligned countries like Panama and Uruguay. The German certificate works everywhere where the EU DCC is accepted. Don't worry about those drop downs, which aren't part of the functionality anyway, they are just information screens and are out of date. You have an EU DCC and that works across Europe. At one point there were going to be various COVID regulation variations around Europe but that has now stopped so you can forget about that. But without a shadow of a doubt you now hold a EU DCC, as well as the Swiss third country one. The German main certifcate is 100% valid in Portugal for example at hotels. If you play about with it there are several display screens for the bar code, the one to show EWR is the one which scrolls down to show your vaccine details.