FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:22 am
AB Dada

Originally Posted by nk15
All this incompetence and confusion with the LP partners and the hotels and shopping portals is breaking the booking and purchasing momentum and turning customers off...Why can't these losers get it together and process the transactions correctly and on time, how hard is it...geez...
It's no different than using BeFrugal or eBates -- I used to get 5 figures of cash rebates from those sites for my travel, and it was always a battle. I even wrote my own little website to help me track everything (and I ported it to AA LPs last week for that).

When the cruise industry collapsed, I had like 20 cruises get cancelled or delayed and those tens of thousands of dollars in rebates got reverse, etc. BeFrugal tells me I owe THEM $3000, lol. Still arguing it out, what a mess.

Affiliate programs bank on folks FORGETTING to click the link -- or having conflicting software (Honey app, etc) that screws things up, or your browser (Safari 12) blocking the cookies, or whatever -- so they get the sale and don't have to pay. Make a nightmare for their customer service is the only way to get 100% of what you were promised.