FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:05 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
Can anyone point to anything official and not open to interpretation that US citizens that have the Swiss EUDCC do not have to test to transit LIS when flying TAP? I am still leaning on us getting a test just to be safe but we got the Swiss EUDCC to avoid testing as our pre-boarding timing is funky since one of us is coming from LA and the rest of us are on the east coast before we board our TAP EWR-LIS-BCN flight.
The VisitPortugal website is what I use as gospel here, it is usually updated within a day or two of changes:
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
and this mentions Switzerland. This is an official government Tourism site but in English.

One thing you could try is loading the Corona-Warn app from Germany. Then go to Certificates and try to load the Swiss certificate into that. I have no idea if that works. If it works it will also provide you with the German EU DCC and the reason that may be worth doing is that it clearly states at the top of the certifcate that it is a EU DCC - most of Europe's DCCs use different terminology. At the European end this doesn't matter but it's all about making things clear at the EWR end. I know for sure that EWR is accepting the NHS certificates from the UK, which have a similar third country relationship with EU DCC as Switzerland.

And write to your elected representatives to get the USA to introduce at least a voluntary federal system under the auspices of someone like the CDC or FDA - this and similar things are not going away.