FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistency in Admirals Club admittance as a minor.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:35 pm
js1993

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by keyw
1. 2 years of allowing me into the AC, to secure a lifetime of loyalty to AA would get pretty close to outweighing the liability of these 2 years IMO. Especially as a mid level EP who's spend and flights keeps increasing every year.
Almost no chance of this being true. The starting number for lawsuits these days against a company like AA is in seven figures. You'd have to be EXP for ~30 years for AA to break even, and that's before we get to AA's actual profit margin on EXP spend.

2. It was 1 agent who flagged it. I am pretty sure the flag is gone now after I was stuck in MIA overnight last week.
Why would AA un-flag your account if the executive team just called to decline your request?

For that matter, are you sure you've been targeted specifically? Perhaps AA updated their AC systems to deny access to anyone under 18 traveling alone when the b.p. is scanned? (Seems like that would have always been in place, but with AA, who knows?)