FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistency in Admirals Club admittance as a minor.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:29 pm
keyw

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
Nothing wrong with asking for what one wants, but this kid's account didn't get flagged by accident, nor did AA implement the rule by accident. The adult-guardian rule obviously relates to liability, and we don't need AA's legal department to tell us the potential liability outweighs the value of the person's spending.

Even by the old "dragon" standards, I'm amazed multiple AC staffers have gone out of their way to keep this kid out of ACs systemwide. There might be more to the story here, even if booze wasn't involved.
1. 2 years of allowing me into the AC, to secure a lifetime of loyalty to AA would get pretty close to outweighing the liability of these 2 years IMO. Especially as a mid level EP who's spend and flights keeps increasing every year.
2. It was 1 agent who flagged it. I am pretty sure the flag is gone now after I was stuck in MIA overnight last week.