FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:00 pm
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Same time lines as above for me after being accepted with a GBP xx,xxx limit on 01.03.22.

Decided to jack this one in and after 30 minutes of giving them my details (note no card received yet)....on hold....further details.....on hold.....further details.....on hold...further details requested including inside leg measurement and shoe size....they couldn't locate my details. Note though they managed to send multiple e-mails and send me a PIN number by post.

Said they would send me a complaint form by e-mail (and promise of compensation for wasted time)...not received (can't blame that on the post). Mentioned they needed to organise a refund for the GBP 20.00 fee already billed - why are they trying to organise a refund for something I cannot pay (no card number so unable to set up an account) and which I have no intention of paying anyway. I suspect this will run a little more...

The fact that we had to hit the target within 2 months under their rules (as opposed to 3 months as advertised) smells of bad faith frankly.

Wouldn't touch this lot with a bargepole again. Back to the trusty BA Amex...