FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] LH Business: KBP - ICN €566 RT
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:10 am
thanaset

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckter
I called last night, but since my preferred dates are beyond 30 June, I was told that different origin is not possible without fare recalculations, so I'm just staying put for now. Is there any noise coming from South Korea that they will open anytime this year?
Good news!

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220311_30/

The South Korean government has announced that starting March 21, people entering the country from overseas will not need to self-quarantine if they are fully vaccinated.

The announcement comes despite the daily coronavirus case count in the country hovering around 300,000 over the past several days.

Health authorities say they confirmed nearly 283,000 new cases and a record number of 229 deaths on Thursday.

The government, in a bid to reduce the burden on the medical system, retracted its requirement this month for family members living with infected individuals to quarantine.

But it kept its requirement in place for people entering the country with negative test results to self-quarantine for seven days at their home or designated facilities.

Following complaints about the unfairness of the restriction, the government decided to lift the mandate from March 21.

The government also plans to allow people entering the country to use public transportation from the airport to their destinations, starting in April.