FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, VA - left Hyatt 3/31/2022
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:28 am
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I realize the utility of this thread is rapidly drawing to a close, so just a brief update from my stay this weekend. I booked a king room on points (paid rates were in the $350 ballpark) and was upgraded to a Queen deluxe, as I mentioned I needed a second bed. The room was quiet and comfortable as usual. I was granted a 4PM checkout with no issues. A large bottle of water and some candies (sort of like giant jelly beans - I thought they were absolutely gross but my wife and son seemed to like them) were in the room waiting with a note.

I spoke with a few employees this weekend; management of the hotel is changing to “Retro Hospitality” Apr 1 which appears to have a small portfolio of hotels in Virginia. The existing staff are Hyatt employees and were offered the option to stay on, or transfer and remain with Hyatt. Those that I spoke with are remaining with Hyatt and scattering to a number of different properties; one of the longtime front desk agents who I believe is one of the last “original” employees and always took great care of us will move to the Hotel Revival in Baltimore.

As usual, the Quirk Cafe menu was slightly tweaked and they have a new Avocado Toast with a butternut squash purée which I liked so much I had it both days. The food was excellent. The upstairs area is now open and is a whiskey and cigar bar at night, and available for seating at breakfast.

According to my spreadsheet last night was my 42nd night here since June 2020 and I will really miss having this as an option for an easy getaway from DC.

Waffles

Delicious avocado toast

Last edited by River in Sight; Mar 13, 2022 at 11:03 am