FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:58 am
Waterhorse

Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
We don’t know yet that BA caused anything, there are mixed reports that either the nanny was downgraded or that the barrister couldn’t get her a free ad hoc upgrade to the middle seat. I think we have to wait for the facts.
I don’t know where to start with the few extra drinks defence - plenty of people have been removed from flights for getting mouthy after a few extra drinks, quite rightly in my opinion. I’m also curious what the client whose work he was planning to do on board would think about him tackling that after a few drinks. I certainly wouldn’t think he’d be worth his elevated fee in those circumstances.
As a matter of law it is a criminal offence to be drunk onboard an aeroplane. There is no definition of what being drunk is, so the extra few drinks is a dangerous defence to use.

Once you start admitting that you abused the staff (swearing) and that a few drinks were involved, any justification is quickly overwhelmed.