FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:30 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
I just noticed that the miles that have moved to Pending are from the cancelled transaction, so it's been 14 days. This will be interesting.
Mine too. I guess they run batch jobs every now and again to catch things that they haven't posted yet.

I had 3 purchases. 1 was cancelled, and tracked with the wrong purchase amount. 2 went through, and also tracked with the wrong purchase amount.

The cancelled one and the 2nd purchase that went through both had their purchase amounts corrected, and they both went to pending. The 1st one went to pending with the wrong amount (3x what I paid; essentially giving me 9x miles). This also puts me way over $2k for the month (in fictional spend) since it includes a cancelled order and a ~$768 order that tracked at over $2300.

Nothing has posted to AA yet. This will be interesting, indeed. I assume that it all gets fixed and clawed back in an audit eventually.