FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:48 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
As recently proven, BA has been very happy to operate the whole of Club Europe cabin to full 3+3 which in turn means they can also accommodate lap infants (if you have travelled with a lap infant, I did both in ET and CW), you can often see consecutive rows of lap infants , which never made me suspect that some rows cannot accomodare this, so let’s not make it an issue, because it was not.

to me a very important point is that BA has caused and may have made the matter worst by poor handling the complaint. The fact the the barrister may have had few extra drinks and thus reacted in a poor way is secondary to BA have caused and handled the complaint poorly.
Sorry but this is wrong - to say it’s a non issue. Aircraft vary in layout and some do not have an additional oxygen mask in every row. I don’t know if this was an issue here or not but I do know that as a general principle it is incorrect to say every row on every BA aircraft can accommodate a lap infant.

I also think that ultimately this is the decision of the operating crew on the day. It is not for the passengers to dictate and, as ever, people have blind spots / unknown unknowns - the things you don’t know that you don’t know.

My personal take is that when you’ve pushed back the crew are performing safety related duties and whilst they should do so politely, they are not in customer service mode. They need you, for example, to “sit down” if you are told to sit down. And yes they do need you to comply because there are 4 of them, 1 of you and 100+ other members of the public.