FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:58 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Just got a notification of a flight change for my wife's flight in May on LHR-YYC-YCG. It was a nice 1.45 connection. Now they moved the LHR-YYC flight 85 minutes later and moved her YYC-YCG to the next day. No button, no option to change . When I go to MMB, it only wants to let me change individual flights - not a different route from start to end. I can change first the flight to YYC then the flight to YCG. That's not useful. I can't even find anything that will connect in any useful way for a same day flight through YYC. Paying for an overnight in YYC seems like an expensive option (which I assume they won't cover).

The website won't let me do it, but do you think it they would approve a re-route through YVR to YYF or YLW? I was planning to pick her up on my way from YKA for some a few days of camping in the Kootenays, so the closer I can get the better. Both have options to connect through YVR same day. She is on a Standard fare.
What about LHR-YVR-YCG? Does the timing of that one not work out either?