FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - will UA allow my recently deceased father's gold status be transferred to my mother?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:36 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uanj
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I can imagine how much more difficult it is with the physical separation. Like others have said, I have never heard of UA passing status on to a family member upon death. In fact Mileage Plus is very clear that when a member dies the account is terminated and the miles and upgrades revert to United.
The miles may be transferred upon death, but that is the only thing that is transferable.

"Awards and benefits, including accrued mileage, Premier (and/or Million Miler) status levels, Premier (and/or Million Miler) benefits, PlusPoints, Premier Qualifying Credits and certificates do not constitute property of the Member and are not transferable except as set forth herein. Accrued mileage may be transferred to another MileagePlus account through United’s Transfer Miles Program. Members must comply with the Transfer Miles Program Terms and Conditions found on united.com. In the event of the death or divorce of a Member, United may, in its sole discretion, credit all or a portion of such Member’s accrued mileage to authorized persons upon receipt of documentation satisfactory to United and payment of applicable fees."