FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines Recalibrates Boeing 737-9 Order - Adds 737-8 and 737-10
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:07 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Tack
I actually really like your posts and think a lot of what you share with is us is spot on. But…(you knew there’d be a “but”). I opened both YYZ and VVO with AS. Myself and my boss Kit were tasked with getting both operations up and running. Both destinations should’ve been profitable base on the projections and the actual number of passengers....

And of course, like all of us who use AS on Trancons, I hope that they might, some day, listen to all of us and carve out a sub fleet of lie flats! A man can dream….
Given that I was the only F pax to YYZ... The projection (at least for my flight) was a wee bit off .

As for lie flats, i have recently taken to flying AS to JFK and DL (and occasionally AA) on the return, if the price is similar, which it often is on the last flight out. I just feel a lot better after what can be 7 hours (from boarding to disembarkation) in that seat ... Lying back and watching something on a real screen, maybe a little nap, and greatly reduced chance of unintentional slouching back pain...

...Not to mention the flatware, which doesn't bend when I look at it.