FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
This is a unique property. At the time it was converted from a Park Hyatt resort to a timeshare, the town of Carmel or Carmel Highlands would not allow them to convert all of their units to a timeshare. They were required to maintain a hotel on the property. So they must operate as both. Now something may have changed in the meantime but I do believe it still operates as both a hotel and a timeshare. I don't know to what extent they just combine all the rooms & suites together as a combination timeshare/hotel. To the extent it is still a hotel, they are required to honor Globalist breakfast benefits.
Thanks. Did not know that. I do know that, when we stayed there some years back I got my HRC Brand Explorer check. However, we were on a timeshare package deal, so then may have explained it.

We had been expecting the HRC for mrs. brp’s account as she is our chosen Globalist and has 9 brands at present. Now I wonder if it will track that way.

Cheers.