FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Seeing quite a few negative reviews here, so my chance to provide a counterpoint

We stayed there for a night this past weekend using our Globalist Category 7 award (I've seen people here refer to a "TSU," and I don't know that initialism, but maybe it's the same thing).

As others, breakfast was comped, even though it doesn't have to be by rule. And they had looked for an upgrade (also not required), but they really were pretty full. We got a top floor full ocean view right at the front and it was wonderful. Was the furniture maybe a little old? Perhaps, but it's a bed and a chair so not really relevant. No smell, anyway.

Enjoyed the balcony for quite a while. Then went to the Subset Lounge. We hung out there for a couple of hours watching, well, the sunset over the water with drinks and some snacks. On a prior visit we ere also in the lounge and, right as the sun was setting, a whale breached. Uh, yeah, I'll take that every time

So the comped breakfast was great. High pries if one had to pay ($32 for a Benedict with dungeness crab,, which was fabulous). But just got charged the evening snacks and tip for breakfast.

The one downside (as mentioned by others), is that housekeeping were trying to enter the room at 9:33AM. The door said noon checkout (not sure if it's listed as earlier somewhere else), but 9:33? Really?

We did leave around 10 as we had to be on our way.

IN any event, it was a very nice stay. We would certainly go back, although it's not a must-visit place for us, really. Just very pleasant.

Cheers.