FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:38 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dsquared37
For my stay ending late January i was in a corner room on floor 11.... it was the uppermost floor in use at that time. In the 6 weeks that have since passed I'm skeptical they've opened sufficient floors for the preponderance of suites to now be available.
Originally Posted by UASPG
I stayed there mid-December and my suite was also on the 11th floor, so the floor re-opening process seems to be extremely slow.
I just stayed there this weekend. Was on the 14th floor, which I think they said was the highest floor now.

Originally Posted by Will08
For the sake of test and go, I would base your hotel choice from the efficiency of communication with the hotel. Some are a lot better than others which will make life a lot easier in terms of acquiring your Thai pass and any subsequent changes you may need to make. Hotels that were previously ASQs are normally pretty good. Purely for Test and go purposes I would choose Courtyard by Marriott in a heart beat every time.
I have great experiences with Courtyard, though not for ASQ or T&G. Always a well-run operation.

I can also highly recommend Renaissance for T&G. Just did T&G there and was extremely good. Option for rapid test at nominal extra charge also greatly appreciated.
Day 1 came back in about 2.5 hours. Day 5 was under 1.5 hours.

Originally Posted by UASPG
Both reports were right:

- Floors have been re-opening for about 3 months, so I would guess that a good number of them are now open.
- Regarding the Grande Avantgarde on the 24th floor, the change into a lounge was reported and confirmed, so the spoiled frequent guests will now only have the Big room on the 23rd floor, but who knows what the new GM will do with those generous upgrades.

The numbers, that I had copied and pasted, are not recent, but most numbers should still be accurate.
Interestingly, I was not upgraded at all for this past weekend's visit, not even to corner room. It was pretty last minute, so I guess they were pretty full.