FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:13 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Are FTers forgetting that guaranteed availability quotes RACK?

If the hotel is not accepting standard reservations, you should simply stay somewhere else.

Soft openings tend to use hotel chain staff to test new facilities while much of the property is not operational.

Are you really willing to pay 2k Euros for a terrible experience and probably no upgrade?
No but I have an award reservation booked at 30k, and I'd rather pay 30k points for a nice room in a great location with breakfast and parking included than pay $900 for the MO via FHR, unless there's a really good reason not to burn the points.

I don't think anyone is paying the 2000 euro, but I imagine lots of folks have rooms booked on points or on cash at the rates that were previously available (500-800 euro).

End of the day, if the F&B or other situation is so subpar as to dampen the stay, I'll ask for some points back or a comped bar tab or something. For a one nighter, that's all still preferable to paying for the MO out of pocket.