FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:36 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski

(I called Advantage Account Services to inquire about the recent (February and March) missing Hyatt Dual Accrual RDM, of course the agent was clueless, she sent an email to the “hotel miles” department, said I should get an email in 7-10 days … probably the same time as I receive the “check that’s in the mail.”)
Thank you.
Color me very pleasantly surprised. The phone agent I spoke with several hours ago actually called me back to get additional information AND (upon getting my voicemail) left a phone number at which to call her back which was answered by a live human being immediately, transferred to the same agent after a 5 minute hold.

Both times she asked, “have you checked with Hyatt to make sure they sent the miles?” Both times I said “yes, I spoke with them, appropriate information was sent.” She asked for some additional details, said I’d get an email in a week or so.

Only because I stretched the truth (about checking with Hyatt) a couple of times, I decided to call my My Hyatt Concierge. She said she was not aware of any problems but put me on hold for 3-4 minutes to ask another department. Interestingly enough, she came back on the line and said that yes, there was (or is) a problem, unsure for how long, unsure of expected fix.

Now I feel a little bad for stretching the truth with the AA agent .

Maybe the check IS in the mail !