FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:41 pm
SchindHaughton

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Where did this rendering come from?
It was on the construction wall in front of the bathrooms near the end of the western C pier.

Originally Posted by BenyiC03
Appears they’re trying to blend the building with the style of the rest of the project. Definitely indicates this is long term, however I think one of the purposes of tearing C West down was to pave a dual taxiway between Concourses D and E. Not sure how that’s possible if they leave it up.
My guess is that it was a cost-saving move by Delta. Now that the airline is (somewhat by necessity) of more of a cost-saving mentality than they were when the project started, someone may have decided that demolishing/rebuilding an otherwise adequate structure for the sole purpose of accommodating a single set of dual taxi lanes isn’t worth the added cost. With what construction costs in NY, I can’t say I blame them- I’d be surprised if the overall cost savings didn’t exceed $100M.

May also partially explain why the project is going to wrap up a couple years ahead of schedule.