FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using PlusPoints on NH / ANA
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:54 pm
Atuchan

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Probably better said is once issued you will unlikely be able to get it changed, so you need get the original ticket correctly issued. But no post-issued changes likely.
Thank you for your help.

Actually, instead of getting LH flights from US to Japan and risk being stranded in Europe due to recent Ukrainian crisis, I wounded up booking code shared NH flight from UA and get an upgrade on NH flight. The process of converting the UA code shared flight number to NH nativel number was quite long.. First 1K agent took about an hour and did it for me but apparently since I jumped the gun in ordering NH upgrade right after getting the ticket receipt, the ticket was not reissued properly. I did not realize this until I could not get upgrade on my return UA native flight on the UA website and I called 1K agent for help. Another nice 1K agent was very patient and she fixed the the issue but it too more than 90 minutes to solve that (I felt really sorry for her for that) and get ticket reissued.

I received my ticket recipe with all the upgrade properly registered but I noticed that the mileage accrual and plus point accrual as "0" for the upgraded NH flight. Does this mean that I need to reconcile the discrepancy after I take the flight through UA website?